Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 February 2016

IPP sentance, what the inside dont want you to know!


Dear Kathy

Thanks for your email.  I am willing for the following to go Public if you keep my name confidential , as I do not wish to be identified as I could be stopped from visiting altogether

 I am a prison visitor at a YOI, visiting young lads whose families are unable to visit them due to distance or other reasons.  During the 8 years I have been doing this I have visited 5 lads who are on IPP sentences.  They all moved on to adult prisons, and are still in prison although they are all well over tariff .  All 5 self-harmed, suffered with depression and found it difficult to plan for the future, as they didn't feel they had one.  Presumably that is still ongoing. 

 
Wishing you every success with your campaign.

 
Confidential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.